Trusted by over 20 million users worldwide, CyberGhost VPN offers a one-click solution that ensures anonymous surfing of the internet, protection during public Wi-Fi use, enable streaming, and empowerment to access all websites. What the VPN service is most favoured for is its robust AES 256-bit encryption, unlimited bandwidth, an anti-fingerprinting system as well as unlimited traffic.
- 2200 Servers
- 60 countries
- No Logs Policy
- Highest Encryption Available
- A bit expensive
CyberGhost launched Bucharest, Romania in 2011 to provide internet users one of the best securities and most reliable privacy services in the world. Currently, the VPN offers unfailing services to over 20 million individuals and is known as one of the first to publish a transparency report. The team consists of 45 internet security professionals with strong backgrounds in the Romanian IT field, while experts based in Germany is responsible for all software development. A common stance for anonymity in internet use unites the two teams as they focus on promoting an uncensored internet culture, civil rights and strive to provide services that ensure a free society.
With CyberGhost based in Romania the VPN service provider that is free from adhering to the European Data Retention Directive, allowing access to IP addresses as well as other information to security agencies and the police. The EDRD is rendered unconstitutional by Romania, which means no logs are kept at all.
CyberGhost VPN Features
With CyberGhost VPN users can connect via PPTP, L2TP/IPSec or IKEv2 while the service provider uses OpenVPN encrypted via AES 256-bit encryption technology, which is the safest of all protocols, and the VPN service includes additional features such as killswitch as well as tracking and ad blockers.
It is a unique and complete VPN solution that allows individuals to launch both a VPN connection and browser session via a single click. All online activities are anonymised, and the service is customizable to provide users with a VPN service that perfectly cater to their specific requirements. Once installed CyberGhost VPN remains connected at home, on the go and even during travelling relieving users of the stress that their security is at risk, the VPN protects during public Wi-Fi use and is torrent streaming friendly.
What impresses most is how user-friendly the website, as well as the download and installing process, is that instantly ensures complete anonymous browsing, secure online purchasing as well as access to blocked services such as watching movies or series from geo-restricted countries.
CyberGhost offers excellent protection against mass surveillance as well as hackers which completely eliminates users’ personal and sensitive data from being exposed to any online or web-based dangers. Users own IP address is not visible since they use an additional IP address that cannot be traced to their online activities and at the same time stops ISPs from collecting behavioural information according to individual’s online activity and behaviour. By downloading CyberGhost VPN, users become instantly invisible, and no government or ISP can trace their digital footsteps.
CyberGhost VPN Pricing
CyberGhost VPN offers over 20 million users access 2,200 servers which prevent online tracking, offers extra fast downloading and uploading speeds, automatically forces the use of HTTPs, removes all ads, blocks malicious content, and blocks from harmful websites.
The VPN is available for macOS, Windows, Android, iOS, Linux, Routers, Chrome OS as well as Raspberry PI, while it offers three different protection options enabling users to select the plan most suited to their personal requirements.
- CyberGhost Monthly VPN Option: $10.99 billed monthly (30-day-money back guarantee)
- CyberGhost 6 Months VPN Option: Billed at $26.94 every 6 months this plan works out to a monthly cost of $4.49 (30-day-money back guarantee)
- CyberGhost 18 Months VPN Option: The 18-month VPN plan offers the best value and with the current addition of 6 free months to the original 12 months plan the $45.00 offers complete cover for 18 months instead of only 1 year (30-day-money back guarantee)
All three of the CyberGhost VPN Plans include the following:
- Use of PPTP, L2TP/IPSec and OpenVPN protocols
- 256-bit AES Encrypted Privacy
- Strictly No Logs
- IP and DNS Leak Protection
- Friendly Support on email and chat
- 30-day Money Back Guarantee
- Apps for routers, Linux, Android, iOS, Mac and Windows
- Simultaneous connections across up to 7 devices
- Access to over 2,200 servers
- Unlimited traffic and bandwidth
- Extremely high speed
- Automatic Killswitch
Easy payment methods offered by CyberGhost includes PayPal, Bitcoin, as well as credit cards such as Visa, Mastercard and American Express.
How to install CyberGhost VPN
Getting CyberGhost VPN up and running is an extremely fast and easy process and requires only a few mouse clicks.
- Ensure your running Windows 7,8 or 10 on PC and that .NET is installed.
- Download the CyberGhost VPN from the website
- Save data and close all programs necessary for system protection
- Start the setup wizard via a double click on the downloaded file
- Follow all instructions and take all the necessary steps
By downloading the free CyberGhost VPN trail version users have 7 days full access to the VPN services which includes a malware and ad blocker, manual server selection and full access to online streaming services. A pop-up reminds trail users of the days left on the free trial period.
Once the free 7-day trial period comes to an end, it is easy to purchase one of the three options, after which users receive a username as well as password which needed to be entered before service will continue.
Adjustable CyberGhost Settings include:
- Extra speed, blocking of all online tracking, blocking of malicious websites and the launch of additional programs.
- Fixed settings that cannot be deactivated includes:
- No logs, IPv6, DNS, Port Forwarding leaks protection, Killswitch, military grade 256-bit AES encryption, and hidden IP address replaced by an IP address on the CyberGhost network.
CyberGhost’s Connection Screen Information Display include:
- Server location town
- Server location country
- IP address selected by the server
- Length of VPN session
- Amount of malware removed by the VPN
- Number of ads blocked by CyberGhost
- Tracking blocked
- Downloading speed
- Amount of data downloaded
- Maximum speed during the VPN session
- Supported Platforms>
The CyberGhost website offers informative download tutorials for all devices including PC, tablet, iOS & Android smartphones, Chromebook, routers, VU+Solo2, Virtuelle Machine and Synology NAS. Step-by-step instructions are also available onsite for download and installation of Windows, Raspberry PI, routers, Linux, Chrome OS, iOS, Mac OS and Android.
Still, should users need any assistance an online FAQ and help section is available as well as live chat, while CyberGhost VPN is also active on social media forms such as Facebook, Pinterest, Google+, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn and Vimeo.
Speed and Overall Performance
CyberGhost promises fast server speeds, and while server speeds are a bit varying, they are still great. In speed checks performed via connecting from the US to servers around the globe in the UK, the download speed remained at around 5.24Mbps while the upload speed was 4.89Mbps. Connection takes about a second and when connecting to servers closer to your current destination both the download and upload speeds increase significantly.
Fast connection speeds are important for anyone who wishes to download movies, use any streaming services or Torrent and CyberGhost is more than capable of delivering what its clients need.
Countries CyberGhost VPN Servers are Located
CyberGhost VPN stands out from its rivals when it comes to value for money, excellent support, fast speeds and performance, number of servers, privacy, ease of use and mobile apps. What impresses most is its transparency practices, guarantee that no logs are kept. Currently offering services to over 20 million users, CyberGhost is the perfect VPN for keeping your data and online activities safe from hackers, government or ISPs, removing the fear of being exposed during public Wi-Fi use and online shopping is completely secured.